Do you suffer from Obesity?
This clinical research study is looking at the safety and effectiveness of medication for adults with obesity.
Would you like to take part?
As a volunteer in a research study, you’ll receive study-related medical care from the study doctor and regular follow-up of your health to monitor the effectiveness of the care you’ll receive. The results of this research will be used to find out if the investigational medication being studied will be of benefit to others struggling with obesity, and whether it will be made widely available to all Canadians trying to manage obesity. Study volunteers are an important part of moving medical care forward.
You may qualify to participate in this study if you:
- Are obese, as defined by a Body Mass Index (BMI) greater than or equal to 30.0 kg/m2
- Have a stable body weight, defined as <5 kg change for 90 days before your first visit
You may not qualify to participate if you:
- Have any condition possibly affecting drug absorption
- Have a current or prior diagnosis of Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes mellitus or secondary forms of diabetes
- Have a history of clinically significant heart disease that could affect your safety during the trial
- Have a history of chronic pancreatitis
- Have a known medical history of active liver disease
There are other eligibility requirements that the study doctor will review. Only the study doctor can finally determine whether you are eligible to participate in the study or not.