Interested in Participating in a Trial for Osteoarthritis (OA) in Obese Participants?
This clinical research study is looking at the safety and effectiveness of an investigational medication option for people with pain due to osteoarthritis of the knee compounded by obesity.
Would you like to take part?
As a volunteer in a research study, you’ll receive medical care related to the study from the study doctor, and regular follow up to monitor the effectiveness of the care you’ll receive. The results of this research will be used to find out if the experimental medication being studied will be of benefit to others or not. Study volunteers are an important part of moving medical care forward.
You may qualify to participate in this study if you:
- Are male or female, 18 years of age or older
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30.0 kg/m2
- Have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis of the knee
- Are currently experiencing pain as a result of your OA
You may not qualify to participate if you:
- Have had a joint replacement performed in the target knee
- Have had an arthroscopy or injections into the target knee within the past 3 months prior to enrollment
- Have any elective surgery scheduled during the duration of the trial
- Have any active joint disease other than OA
- Use recreational/medical marijuana or opioids
- Have symptomatic hip OA unless treated by joint replacement
- Have chronic widespread pain, including neuropathic pain
- Have previous or planned obesity treatment with surgery or a weight loss device
- Have uncontrolled thyroid disease
- Have any history or presence of type 1 or type 2 diabetes
There are other eligibility requirements that the study doctor will review. Only the study doctor can finally determine whether you are eligible to participate in the study or not.