Interested in Participating in a Trial for a New Vaccine?
This clinical research study is looking at the safety and effectiveness of an investigational vaccine option for adults ≥50 years of age who previously received a pneumococcal vaccination ≥1 year before enrollment.
Would you like to take part?
As a volunteer in a research study, you will receive medical care related to the study from the study doctor, and regular follow up to monitor the effectiveness of the care you receive. The results of this research will be used to find out if the experimental medication being studied will be of benefit to others or not. Study volunteers are an important part of moving medical care forward.
You may qualify to participate in this study if you:
- Have received pneumococcal vaccine >= 1 year before enrollment
You may not qualify to participate if you:
- Have a history of invasive pneumococcal disease
- Have a known or suspected impairment of immunological function including, but not limited to, a history of congenital or acquired immunodeficiency, documented human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, functional or anatomic asplenia, or history of autoimmune disease
- Have a coagulation disorder contraindicating intramuscular vaccination
- Have a known malignancy that is progressing or has required active treatment
- Are currently receiving immunosuppressive therapy, including chemotherapeutic agents or other immunotherapies/immunomodulators used to treat cancer or other conditions, and interventions associated with organ or bone marrow transplantation, or autoimmune disease
- Have received any non-live vaccine ≤14 days before receipt of study vaccine or are scheduled to receive any non-live vaccine ≤30 days after receipt of any study vaccine
- Have received any live virus vaccine ≤30 days before receipt of study vaccine or are scheduled to receive any live virus vaccine ≤30 days after receipt of study vaccine
- Have received a blood transfusion or blood products, including immunoglobulin ≤6 months before receipt of study vaccine or are scheduled to receive a blood transfusion or blood product until the Day 30 post-vaccination blood draw is complete
There are other eligibility requirements that the study doctor will review. Only the study doctor can finally determine whether you are eligible to participate in the study or not.