Do you suffer from Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease?
This clinical research study is looking at the safety and effectiveness of an investigational medication option for people with Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
Would you like to take part?
As a volunteer in a research study, you’ll receive study-related medical care from the study doctor and regular follow up of your NAFLD to monitor the safety and effectiveness of the care you’ll receive. The results of this research will be used to find out if the experimental medication being studied will be of benefit to others with NAFLD or not, and whether it will be made widely available to all Canadians with NAFLD. Study volunteers are an important part of moving medical care forward.
You may qualify to participate in this study if you:
- Are male or female, between the ages of 18 and 70 inclusive
- Have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and are on stable doses of metformin monotherapy for at least 8 weeks prior to your first visit
- Have a body weight of >50 kg and a BMI of 25.0-40.0 kg/m2
You may not qualify to participate in this study if you:
- Have a recent history of concurrent disease that may disrupt the study objective, OR put the participant’s health at risk
- Have a history or evidence of diabetic complications or organ damage
- Have any other acute or chronic medical or psychiatric condition
- Have been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes
- Have a history of alcoholism
- Are participating in a formal weight loss problem
There are other eligibility requirements that the study doctor will review. Only the study doctor can determine whether you are eligible to participate in the study or not.