Do you experience chronic acute migraines?
This clinical research study is looking at the safety and effectiveness of an investigational medication option for preventing migraine headaches.
Would you like to take part?
As a volunteer in a research study, you will receive study-related medical care from the study doctor and regular follow up of your condition to monitor the safety and effectiveness of the care you will receive. Study volunteers are an important part of moving medical care forward.
You may qualify to participate in this study if you:
- Are male or female, 18 years of age or older
- Have at least a 1-year history of episodic migraine or chronic migraine
- Have experienced migraine onset prior to turning 50 years of age
- Have a history of, on average 6 or more migraine or probable migraine days per month in the 3 months prior to screening
You may not qualify to participate in this study if you:
- Have a history of migraines accompanied by diplopia or decreased level of consciousness, or retinal migraine
- Have a current diagnosis of chronic tension-type headache, new persistent daily headache, trigeminal autonomic cephalgia (cluster headaches) or cranial neuropathy
- Have confounding and clinically significant pain syndromes (eg fibromyalgia, chronic low back pain etc)
- Have been diagnosed with myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton syndrome, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or any other significant neuromuscular disease that might interfere with the study
- Have any psychiatric condition that is uncontrolled/untreated, including those uncontrolled/untreated within 6 months of screening visit
- Have Hepatitis B or C
- Have been injected with anesthesia or steroids in the targeted muscles during the 30 days immediately prior to admission to the study
- Have a body mass index greater than or equal to 38 kg/m^2 at screening
- Have used opioids for greater than 2 days per month in the 3 months prior to screening
- Have used CBD or any other cannaboid in the 3 months prior to screening and throughout the study
- Are female and plan to become pregnant during the study, or are lactating/breastfeeding
There are other eligibility requirements that the study doctor will review. Only the study doctor can determine whether you are eligible to participate in the study or not.